Declaration to Diversity and Inclusion
Classy strives to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be their most authentic self. Since our first Collaborative in 2012, Classy has worked to bring together individuals with unique life experiences, knowledge, and talents. We commit to building upon these diversity and inclusion initiatives through our events because Classy believes that with equitable representation, we can drive further innovation in the social sector.
We are dedicated to working alongside our DEI Committee to increase diversity among our speakers, sponsors, and attendees through our calls for proposals process, dialogue with the broader nonprofit community, meeting and event industry research, and our content advisory committee.
We commit to providing a harassment-free and accessible conference experience with equity in rights for all. We will do our best to accommodate specific needs, and we do not tolerate harassment of any kind. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal accusations or bullying
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following either in person or online
- Harassing photography or recordings
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Interference with a person’s participation or opportunity for participation
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior
We expect all interactions between attendees to be respectful and constructive. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference (without a refund) at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Please see the Collaborative accessibility FAQs for more details. Anyone witnessing or subject to unacceptable behavior should notify [email protected] immediately.
We welcome support and assistance from the community at large in building a more diverse conference experience. If you would like to help, please:
- Share our conference and its call for proposals with speakers who also celebrate our conference goals and mission
- Share our conference and its registration with potential attendees who would bring diverse perspectives to our conference
- Suggest ways we can create an even more welcoming environment at our conferences by emailing [email protected]
We value the input of our collective community and encourage you to share your thoughts on how to achieve a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive conference environment.